On October 2, 2021, Drs. Melanie McConnell and Tara Jukes are offering a workshop for parents or caregivers of children/ adolescents with tics (up to 3 caregivers per family). This will be a 2.5 hour virtual workshop (10am-12:30pm) offered via zoom. There will be education, resources and handouts provided and some time for group discussion and questions.
• $250 per family. You will receive a receipt and costs may be covered by extended health plans.
• Information and education on tics, including how common they are, development over time, typical course, and causes
• When and how to seek treatment for tics, and when treatment is not necessary
• An introduction to function-based intervention for tics. This will involve identifying triggers for tics, and beginning to brainstorm strategies to help manage these triggers
• Information on web-based resources for helping support children managing their tics
• A brief overview of Habit Reversal Training (HRT) and Comprehensive Behavioural Intervention for Tics (CBIT) and how to know if this may be helpful for your child
HOW TO REGISTER…
• Please contact Cornerstone Child and Family Psychology Clinic at 604-808-5559 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for questions
Click the link below to download a copy of the workshop flyer.